Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Airsoft Arenas Pittsburgh

Idol - Bekka

I look forward to you again to present a hair idol. She is an Afro-German who has spent some time in Germany and now lives in the United States. I love their updos. In addition, it also operates an English blog about Afro-German history, namely Afro-Germanica Online . But read for yourself!

More photos can be found here .

Please introduce yourself before
I'm OnceuponaTime (or BekkaPoo) and am 35 years old. I have worked for many years been in an office. As a hobby I like to play records (I am a DJ) and also draw and paint. I do like to do manual work and had last year and learned crocheting.

Have you ever smoothed your hair chemically (Relaxer)? If so, why and when did you decide to wear your hair natural?
I have had as a teenager for three years, my hair with a relaxer smooth. I started with hair that hung down to my shoulders, but after a few years ago, my hair completely burned off of chemicals and the smoothness of iron. In the end, after three or four years, I had only a few centimeters short hair back and on the edge of my head and slightly longer hair in the middle but they were also very weak and are always interrupted. When I was 15 or 16 years old, I have my hair shaved very short in summer, up to 1 cm or so long. I was almost bald! But since I have not made a relaxer in my hair pure, because it was so unhealthy for me.

care like you Your hair?
Since the time I've shaved off my hair, I do my hair with conditioner always maintain. I do not gel in my hair because they are so thin, because the gel dries up, and stop by my hair. My hair I do best with simple Conditioner and hair of a light oil.

What products do you use?
the moment I have way too many conditioners in my bathroom and it needs to consume as quickly as possible. I have Nature's Gate Henna Shampoo and Tea Trea (2 bottles), Aussie Moist (1 bottle), Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo (2 bottles), 2-minute ApHogee Reconstructor (1 bottle), and Mane & Tail Conditioner (4 bottles) a total of 10 bottles of conditioner! The last another year for me! lol I also use shea butter and Burt's Bee's Nourishing Baby Oil.

you have a special care tip for us?
can with time and patience to learn what his own hair is good. For instance, my hair like a lot of protein because I have thin fine hair, but someone with thick hair, may not need as much protein.

You are both in Germany and in the U.S. grew. As natural Afro hair in the two countries to be seen? Are there differences?
I have lived in Germany until 1989, but in the American barracks, and in 1990 I lived in the U.S. only. But I was back in Germany in 2008 and have noticed that now more "People of Color" are there and it made me happy. As a child, my dad and I were often the only black people, if we were not in the barracks. It seems that something has changed in the last 20 years and I'm glad too! In the United States is of course a "Black Hair Care Industry" and in the last 5-10 years there's also the "Natural Black Hair Care Industry." Something's not been in Germany and I think it is still somewhat difficult to find good hair products, but hopefully in the future, the better.

Where can you find on the Internet?
You can see my website here: http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

your final word
Stay true to yourself and thank you for interviewing me. I'm so glad you are putting information out there that is needed so much in Germany! (translation: to be faithful and thanks for the interview, I'm so glad you compile this information because they are in Germany, so needed a lot..!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment